Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Of mirrors, camera, embarassments et al

The mirror always fascinated me. My twin and I have spent quite some jolly hours in front of the mirror staring at each other through the mirror. We made weird faces and funny faces and laughed out loud once in a while.


And then the camera entered our lives. No we are not given the chance to be the spoilt brats from an early age. And hence the camera is given for us to handle under strict parental supervision. Yes I do get bothered when I see that my friends are carrying exclusive gadgets to school and other outings and I have but a car which is thankfully on the fancy side to boast for. But I believe that there will be a greater pleasure in acquiring one of those of my own. And trust me I will! But as a mark of confession I must say that they quite assumed that role even before I could actually voice any resistance. But my sister is growing up before me and she seems quite fine. So are my cousins and that includes the weird and old one who forced me into this thing called blog into my life. Now I don’t feel that my day’s work is done until I have written something for my blog. I will soon start treating it as a virtual diary. Before which I would like to let my readers know a little bit about who I am and what makes me what I am.


So coming back to the camera story, I was still quite fascinated by the way the camera, almost like the mirror would capture the world around me exactly as it is. Sometimes it would capture my in some act that I wouldn’t have liked to be saved for posterity and giving my siblings a chance to take a dig at me whenever they feel like. Well yes, I have had quite a few moments of my life being captured on that blasted camera (well it becomes blasted when it lands into my twin’s hands). Like when I was really scared when I got locked inside my uncle’s car. Well, in my defense I will have to say that it was a mean joke played on me by my sisters. Harrumph! And trust me, the embarrassing moments in my life can make quite a long list.

2 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Camera's are great fun. For me, half the fun is in taking the photos and the other half is playing with the images on the computer afterwards :)

jackonius said...

Surely taking the photos is fun so long you are the one behind the camera and not its subject!
But I will get there... one day!

By the way, thanks for leaving comments :)